Monday, June 25, 2007

Anxiety

All too often I find myself with a telltale knot in my stomach. Sometimes I know exactly what brought it on and need to give it up to God, but then there are the times that I have no idea and suddenly I simply realize that it is there. This is definitely a part of life I could do without. We all internalize stress one way or another, and this knot accompanied often by a little bit of anxiousness is how I react.

I realize too that in my humanness I am too slow to go to God and give it to him! Or if I do I often try to take it back unneccesarily - after all, He is already in control, He has the perfect solution and is already at work for me! Why do I try to mess it all up by taking it back into my own hands? Why don't I simply accept His Grace and Peace and rest in His Love?

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God: and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:6-7)

That is what I need to remember, so simple, yet so profoundly complete. Providing everything I need - comfort, strength, compassion, peace and safety! To rest in the arms of my Savior and know that he has it handled! That is enough for me!

0 comments: