Sunday, August 4, 2002

Go To God

John 6:35 "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."

So simple, yet it seems to often be one of the last things to enter our minds. "He who comes to me . . . " a simple act of going to God, but the outcome is huge - never hungry, never thirtsty. One would assume he means physically as well as spiritually.

Heavenly Father, help me to believe and remember the promises you've given us. They are so simple and there are so many, yet I often wait until life feels out of control, or until I feel overwhelmed before I come to you. I believe in you, yet I often feel I'm not important enough for your simple promises. Help me to become a woman of faith and come to you with all that life involves.

0 comments: