Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A Woman of Honor

"The jews had light and gladness, joy and honor" (Esther 8:16)
"Now Esther spoke again to the king, fell down at his feet and implored him with tears . . . and the king held out the golden scepter toward Esther." (Esther 8:3&4)

So many thoughts . . . where to begin?

~First, Esther risked her life - not once, but twice! TWICE!!! Going before the king was NO small thing. If you weren't invited and decided to appear before him and he didn't want to see you - you were dead! Yup, it was simple - never appear before the kind unnanounced. Here Esther was going before him a second time, this time to plead for an entire nation of people - her people!

~Second, I love vs.16! I want that statement for my day . . . for my LIFE! Light and gladness, joy and honor! Need I say more?


Lord, help me not to shrink from daily challenges, but to realize how miniscule my problems are in the greater picutre and to find joy and gladness in my day, my experiences. Light when things seem dark - honor when I feel like losing it. Thank you for your blessings and your acceptance!

0 comments: