Friday, August 10, 2007

Divine Purpose

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" Children are asked this often as they grow and just as often it usually changes. The big question for me though is ~ What is God's purpose for each of my sons? I ask God this often.

But here's a funny thought ~ when is the last time I asked my sons, "What do you think God has planned for your future?" Interesting twist isn't it? So many things are accomplished if I ask them this question. Most importantly though it turns their eyes outward and upward to God!

Teaching them to first seek Him and His will and purpose for their lives; instead of looking to themselves or the world for answers. After all He created each of them with a specific purpose and only He can direct them down the correct path for their lives.

Giving our children and their futures to God os not a one-time act of dedication. It is a daily process that we have to remember to do! Trusting that He knows our children better than we do and even as a child can daily direct their lives.

The Prayer: Lord Help me to remember that only You truly know the purpose for each child. You knew their future before they were even formed in the womb and have called each of them to a specific purpose. Guide me as their mother in the instruction you would have me give each of them for your purpose! Thank you for giving me these beautiful boys and help me to give them back to you daily.

The Scripture: Jeremiah 1:5~8 " 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.' Then said I: 'Ah, Lord God! Behold I cannot speak, for I am a youth.' But the Lord said to me: 'Do not say, "I am a youth," for you shall go to all to whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces for I am with you to deliver you,' says the Lord."

0 comments: